This time through each baker is having a theme. Louisa's theme was "afternoon tea". The voting went strongly for Victoria Sponge, much to Louisa's dismay, so in response she went for a "posh" version.
Note - That's Jo's finger (John's on holiday)
Louisa’s posh Victoria sponge
175g self raising flour
175g caster sugar
3 large eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking powder
125g mascarpone cheese
125g crème fresh
Icing sugar to taste!
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Sieve the flour and baking powder into a bowl. Add the butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla extract and beat together until smooth and lump free.
2. Split between two lined 21cm sandwich tins and bake for 20-25 mins at 170°C.
3. When cakes are Fonzie cool, mix the mascarpone, crème fresh and vanilla extract together and add the icing sugar to taste.
4. Spread the filling onto one of the sponge bases and scatter with raspberries, keeping some back for the top, and place lid on.
5. Dip saved raspberries in cream mixture and place artistically on the top. Sprinkle with icing sugar. Keep refrigerated until you eat. Serve with a nice cuppa - yum!