Monday 26 October 2009

Browns

Went to Browns in West India Quay for post-work dinner with two colleagues.

We ate from the main menu. Following an argument about the voucher we were using (which entitled you to either a free starter or a dessert), I had the most expensive starter:

Scottish Langoustine Gratin with spinach, Emmental and cream served with crusty bread.

I am yet to be convinced about cheese and fish. The langoustines and spinach were lost in the (admittedly delicious) cheese sauce. Also the spin ch wasn't cleaned properly as it was a tad gritty. I HATE that, but couldn't summon up the energy to complain. To be honest I would have been happy with a bowl of the cheese sauce and the bread!

My main, Prawn & Chorizo Linguine - pan-fried butterflied tiger prawns tossed with linguine in a tomato and chorizo sauce, was much better. Prawn and chorizo complimented each other very well. Interestingly I was given a knife and fork to eat this pasta dish with...

All in all an OK meal. I'll go back (I've previously had a great burger) but would only recommend as a place to grab a bite, definitely not a destination restaurant.

Browns on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails