Friday 17 September 2010

RIP Konstam

I made a very interesting discovery on the interweb tonight when I came across the Sustain website.

Sustain is:

The alliance for better food and farming advocates food and agriculture policies and practices that enhance the health and welfare of people and animals, improve the working and living environment, enrich society and culture and promote equity. We represent around 100 national public interest organisations working at international, national, regional and local level.
The site is packed with interesting articles and information on campaigns about all different aspects of the sustainable food agenda. There's far too much for me to go into here so click-off and have a look now.

One of the things that I learnt was that the London branch of Sustain, the London Food Link, has a quarterly magazine, The Jellied Eel. However, I was dismayed to see that one of the cover stories is the closure of Konstam (finally bringing me to the title of this post) which means I'll never get to go there. The restaurant was famous for sourcing 80% of its ingredients from within the M25 and was a leading light of sustainability.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails