Wednesday 22 September 2010

Goat curry at Sunjam

A late night finish to an evening EcoTeam event and a few days in Liverpool meant that there was no food chez Butters and so I made a rare takeaway purchase.

I've walked passed the Sunjam Caribbean takeaway at least twice a day on my way to and from the station but I'd not yet been in.


I'd been talking to Sara from the ICCHFC about where to get Caribbean food from and she had recommended this place. Apparently her Dad goes well out of his way to visit this Sunjam for the oxtail or curry goat. Apparently it's been there for over 18 years so they must be doing something right.

As a recent convert to the tender and deep flavours of goat, there was no way I couldn't go for this along with a healthy portion of rice and peas.

I wasn't disappointed: a hefty smack of West Indian spice was a good match to the powerful flavour of the goat. It was unbelievably tender too.

I'll definitely be going back for some oxtail.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails