- Butterfly cakes
- Peanut butter cup cakes
- Pear and walnut cup cakes
The sponge remained light and fluffy despite packing a powerful, dense, peanut punch. The chocolate/peanut butter icing topped with a slender slice of Marathon (or Snickers, if you must) was genius.
A perfect slice of heaven for elevenses.
Recipe for Marianne's Peanut Butter mini cupcakes (taken from Cupcakes - a fine selection of sweet treats)
5 1/2oz butter
4oz soft brown sugar
4 1/2oz self-raising flour
4 1/2oz crunchy peanut butter
1oz plain flour
For the frosting:
4 1/4oz hazelnut spread
3 1/4oz crunchy peanut butter
1. Cream the butter and sugar until light and creamy.
2. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
3. Add the peanut butter and beat until combined.
4. Fold in the sifted flours alternately with the milk until combined.
5. Divide the mixture between 18 cake cases and bake at 180°C for 10-12 mintes (or until cooked).
6. For the icing combine the peanut butter and hazelnut spread. Spead evenly over each cake and top with a slice of Snickers.