Monday 28 September 2009

The Man Who Ate Everything - Jeffrey Steingarten

I've just finished reading this, The Man Who Ate Everything by Jeffrey Steingarten.

The book is a collection of essays from American food journalist Steingarten. The essays are grouped into five parts which cover the author's obsessive pursuit of the "perfect" recipes, detailed investigations into food issues and the author's foodie experiences.

I found the book very easy to read and in places very funny. However, some of the investigation really are in a great deal of detail, that actually makes them difficult to read and not that interesting (unless you have a passion for the subject of the essay)

Although this was published in 1997, it's still relevant and a compelling read. I would recommend it. Apparently there's a sequel which I'll add to my Amazon Wish list.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails