- Carrot cake
- Gingerbread men
- Raspberry Bakewell cake
The Bakewell cake won by a country mile. Unfortunately there's no picture nor recipe...yet.
Sara followed up with flapjacks for week 16. The choice was what extras would be added into the mix: chocolate chips, cherries and walnuts or apricot and pumpkin seeds. Unsurprisingly chocolate chips were the most popular addition.I wasn't there for the tasting but apparently the flapjacks were
Gooey chocolaty loveliness
according to Jo. So, good work Sara!
Sara's Chocolate chip flapjacks (taken from Delia online)
4 oz light brown soft sugar
6 oz butter
1 dessertspoon golden syrup
6 oz porridge oats
150g chocolate chips
1. Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 2, 300°F (150°C).
2. Place the sugar, butter and golden syrup together in a medium saucepan and heat until the butter has melted.
3. Then remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the porridge oats.
4. Press the mixture out over the base of the prepared tin, and bake in the centre of the oven for 40 minutes.
5. Allow to cool in the tin for 10 minutes before cutting into oblong bars.
6. Leave until cold before removing the flapjacks from the tin, then store in an airtight container.
In my absence it was agreed to have a holiday hiatus until Monday 11th January when Jo will be producing some cakey delight.
PS Sorry about the delay I was on holiday and there's been a cakey hiatus!